Wednesday, September 25, 2013

black & white & splashes all over

Today I want to focus on home decor in a newer way. I have been falling in love with black & white decor left & right, but you have to be careful about how to execute this decorating plan successfully. You don't want to have your home look like the inside of a school, hospital, or doctor's office because you want your home to be an escape from the world, so you want to bring in warmth with the black & white shades.

Thanks to Pinterest I found some rooms perfect for inspiring the black & white decorating mind. Some of these I may try for my little home too! I can't wait to show you what I found.

this kitchen is a beautiful example of how to keep it clean looking (which is exactly what you want for a kitchen), with a modern twist. by displaying different fruits you can add a fresh pop of color in a black & white eating area.
I love that in this room they chose to splash succulents around to brighten the room with fresh greens. the gold accents on the table & pillows add a sparkly touch great for entertaining.
this chair I fell in love with for an accent in the room pictured below...
a plain room can become gorgeous in an instant with a fun accent chair like the one above. by adding a soft lavender such as the chair, this room would feel a little warmer & bright.
& finally, my very favorite favorite black & white decor accent is this fabulous striped throw. you can't go wrong with a throw like this for any room!

I hope you feel as inspired as I do about redecorating for the changing seasons.. It's always nice to change things up a bit & these are simple enough so you don't have to spend a fortune. You can just add a little thing here or there to spice up your home & your life.

Enjoy your Wednesday, readers!

xo Addison

No comments: