Tassels are super in right now, but my favorite color combination I've seen thus far is the gold, blush pink & fuchsia. Take a peek!
What you need:
– Tissue Paper Sheets ((20×20 or 20×24) for matte tassels
– Mylar Sheets
– Scissors or X-Acto Knife
– Hot Glue (optional)
– Washi Tape
– Baker’s Twine, or a cute string of your choice!
This blog offers the perfect step by step instructions for how to make your own!
1. Fold your tissue paper sheet in half vertically & horizontally. Cut along one of your folds, creating two separate sheets. Stack the pieces one on top of the other.
2. Keeping the folds at the top of your sheets, use either your scissors or X-Acto to cut thin vertical strips (about 1/2 inch), leaving about an inch of uncut tissue at the top of your sheet.
3. Unfold the sheets and flatten out. You should have about 2 inches of uncut tissue paper in the middle of each sheet.
4. Working with one sheet at a time, roll the tissue paper tightly along the uncut middle portion.
5. Twist the rolled piece and fold in half to make a loop.
6. To give the tassel a complete, polished look, use a cute piece of washi tape to cover the base of the loop.
7. String the Baker’s Twine through the loops & hang!
|the final product!|
Then, you are ready to PARTY!
So enjoy this season of love & happiness :)